Wednesday 23 March 2011

First Impression

So, I've aquired the Limited Edition of Shogun 2 and started it on my computer.

Now I'm not overly fond of the STEAM interface as used in Total War but it's not like I've got much choice. I just hope Valve doesn't go belly up before I may enjoy games that demand it to run or that at least somene finds a way to keep those games running.

Now graphically the game is just plain beautiful. From the traditional style prints on the menus and encyclopaedia to the detailed character models in battles with accurate mon and sashimono it's a feast for the eyes.

I'm a bit worried that it may prove too heavy for my computer to run though so far I've only played small battles so I don't know how it will measure up when I'm fighting several stacks of troops.

Interface is similar to Empire, and not much different from RTW or MTWII.

Despite this the game feels a lot like a callback to the earlier Shogun installment.

Historically while we won't seee abominations like the kensai there are "hero" units, but I can chalk that up to heroic retinues and not loose any sleep with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment